man tea nature heaven
Young Decade Pu-erh Set. Teas 2007-1998: This set includes one tea each from 2007 to 1998 plus two extra puerhs: an aged white bud mao cha and a good aged ripe pu-erh cake. This group will give those new to puerh a general overview of how puerhs change in their early years. Before 8-10 years old, pu-erhs are considered young. These teas are in a very active stage of development and are more green, have a very stimulating chi effect and higher caffeine content than older puerh. Although these teas are young, all have been carefully selected for their good flavors and drink-ability now. 12 teas. (5g/ tea)
Price: $50.00 TO ORDER FORM
1) 2007 5th International Appreciation of Pu-erh Memorial Cake. This cake was prepared by a famous puerh blender to create a cake with many dimensions to it and great aging potential. Chang Tai Facory. Sheng Puerh.
2) 2006 Remote Mountain Ancient Tree, Haiwan Factory. Smooth and delicious young puerh from one of the great producers of puerh. Sheng Pu-erh
3) 2005 Purple Leaf Zhang. Luxi Tea Factory of Dehong. Sheng Pu-erh. Superb purple leaf cake, creamy vanilla like taste. no smoke or astringency.
4) 2004 Six Famous Tea Mountains Factory. 100% Banzhang leaves. Bangzhang Mountain is known for having the trees with the with strongest qi. Sheng Pu-erh.
5) 2003 Fo Cha Ji Wu Liang Mountain. From a small producer committed to producing tea of the highest quality quality. The leaves are from sun dried leaves from trees hundreds of years old. Sheng Pu-erh.
6) 2002 Fo Cha Ji Ai Lao Mountain Premium. From a small producer committed to producing tea of the highest quality quality. The leaves are from sun dried leaves from trees hundreds of years old. Sheng Pu-erh.
7) 2001 Mengku Yuan Yieh Xian of Mengsa, Thick Papper- Hong Kong storage , excellent cake. Sheng Puerh
8) 2000 "Gu Hua" fall harvest. Haiwan Factory. Sheng Pu-erh
Fall harvest products have a beautiful mellowness to them.
9) 1999 Haiwan 7548. Very good cake full of vitality. Sublte earthiness and wood tones. Very active in the mouth (tingles the tongue), a sign of good qi development. A good tea, still showing a little youth. Good for 5 steepings. Sheng Pu-erh.
10) 1998 Menghai Red Seal Beeng Cha. Superb Pu-erh. Clean,
aromatic, lively tea. Excellent silky texture and vibrant flavor.
Strong (yang) qi. Good for 8 steepings.
11) 2000 Aged White Bud Mao Cha. Sheng Pu-erh- Superb aged white bud puerh. Amazing fragrance and flavors.
12) 2000 Yue Cheng Yue Xiang. Menghai Factory. GongTing quality, leaf grade 1-3. An excellent aged ripe puerh. Deep rich long lasting flavors. Shou (cooked) Pu-erh.
Ten Misty Forests Puerh Set. Teas 1999-1990: This set includes 9 good puerhs from the the 90's, and a Chinese aged tea from An Hui. A great introduction to puerh which has been aged carefully. The flavors and aromas are rich and diverse. These teas are all well aged, smooth and have harmonious flavors. This tasting set will give you a good education in 90's puerhs and the ways in which puerhs vary and evolve over time. Essential for those who want to gain understanding to collect puerh tea. 11 teas total. (5g/ tea)
Price: $95.00 TO ORDER FORM
1) 1990 Fang Zhang, Menghai District, Sheng Pu-erh Brick. Mellowed and sweet with age, a very fine quality aged puerh brick. Nice smooth thick texture. Good for 6-7 steepings.
2) 1993 Xiang Xing, Mao Cha, Menghai Factory, Shou Pu-erh. Fragrent, earthy, clean, vibrant. This shou puerh is smooth, deep and leaves a long lasting taste on the palette. Very good vibrant (yang qi) ripe puerh, like drinking the forest. Good for 7-8 steepings.
3) Early 1990s Hung Tai Chang, Dai District, Shou Pu-erh. Refined, luscious, and smooth. Beautiful lush aroma. A great aged shou puerh experience. 4-5 steepings. Soothing, warming qi.
4) 1993 Yi Wu Mao Cha, Sun Dried, Grade 1 Leaf. Sheng Pu-erh. Sun Dried, Grade 1 Leaf. Sheng Pu-erh. Beautiful deep plum, sweet smooth round flavors, good for 8+ steepings. Nice mellow dried fruit and old wood fragrance. A very soothing and quieting (yin ) qi. Texture like red wine. Quieting (yin) qi.
5) Mid 90s Fu Yuan Chang, Beeng Cha, Sheng Pu-erh. Light wood and fruit, still on the young side, but very pleasant and smooth. Good for 5-6 steepirngs
6) 1993 Da Li Nan-Jian Toucha. Fantastic complex tastes and aromas. Very active on the the palette, strong (yang) qi. One of the best tou I have had in this age range. Sheng Pu-erh.
7) Early 90s Iron Cake 8653, Xiaguan Factory, Sheng Pu-erh. Aging nicely. Beautiful developed woody flavor with a touch of dried fruit after 2nd steeping. Leaves a nice full coolness on the breath afterwards. Nicely harmonized flavors. Good for 6-7 good steepings.
8) 1996 Dayi 7542. Menghai Factory. Sheng Pu-erh. exceptional 11 year old puerh. Strong fresh cut wood, very clean, clarity smooth texture and rich taste. Vibrant qi quality. Good for 8 steepings. A cake showing development well beyond its' years.
9) 1999 Beeng Cha. Haiwan Factory 7548, Sheng Pu-erh. Subtle earthiness and woodiness. Very active in the mouth, a good tea, body still a little on the lighter side. Young, but good. 5 steepings
10) 1996 Kunming Red Label. Kunming Factory. Sheng Pu-erh. Smooth, harmonious flavors, silky thick texture. Really an exceptional cake. Good for 7 steepings.
11) Extra Tea: 1991 Lui An, an aged tea from An Hui, China. A semi-fermented aged tea that has a very "old" taste, like moist river stones and earth. Goes right to the belly when you drink it. Very grounding and soothing. Good for 2-3 steepings. Good for digestion.
Ten Immortals Puerh Tasting Set. Teas 1994- Early 1980's: This set contains a range of fine puerhs between ten and twenty five years old. This set includes a beautiful range of flavors, textures, qualities, aromas and tea experiences. It includes both aged sheng (raw green) and shou (cooked, fermented) puerhs as well as a range of forms: mao cha (loose leaf), beeng cha (cakes), Zhang cha (bricks) and toucha. The form that puerh comes in also has an effect on the way it matures, evolves and tastes. 11 teas total. (5g/ tea)
Price: $ 135.00 TO ORDER FORM
1) 1993 Yi Wu Mao Cha, Sun Dried, Grade 1 Leaf. Sheng Pu-erh. Beautiful deep plum, sweet smooth round flavors, good for 8+ steepings. Nice mellow dried fruit and old wood fragrance. texture like thick red wine. Quieting (yin) qi.
2) Late 80s Tong Xing Beeng, Sheng Pu-erh . Vital lively flavors, woodiness, fresh, clean. Very alive in the mouth. Nice fragrance, lingering aftertaste. Good lively qi. Good for 7 steepings.
3) 1985 Golden Needle White Lotus Mao Cha. Menghai factory. Shou Pu-erh. A fantastic ripe puerh: creamy, refined, silky texture. Incredible fragrance. Quieting (yin ) qi. This is what aged shou puerh is all about. Good tea before meditation.
4) 1985 Zhu Bao Toucha. Xia Guan factory. Sheng Pu-erh. Clean, slightly sweet, well aged tea. Light wood-grape taste. Nice fragrance. Good for 5-6 steepings. A nice 80s toucha.
5) 1980s Guang Yun Beeng Cha, Sheng Pu-erh. Truly different and exceptional. The 80s Guang Yun is highly aromatic, reminiscent of sun drenched wild plants and flowers. Like drinking sunshine and nature. A very different texture than most aged puerhs. Strong bright qi. (yang)
6) Early 90's Iron cake 8653. Xia Guan factory. Sheng Puerh. Aging nicely. Beautiful developed woody flavor with a touch of dried fruit after 2nd steeping. Leaves a nice full coolness on the breath afterward. Good for 6-7 good steepings.
7) 1994 Menghai 7582, Menghai Factory. Sheng Pu-erh. Exceptionally smooth, sweet and silky. Nice cooling (minty) sweet aftertaste. Really a refined cake. 6-7 steepings.
8) Early 90s Red Label, Menghai Facorty, Sheng Pu-erh. Very, very good cake. Well developed silky body, a beautifully aging cake. Soft wood, sweet dried fruit, elegant. 7-8 steepings.
9) Early 80s Yin Hao Toucha, Semi-fermented Pu-erh. Beautiful mixture of earthiness, mintyness, dried cherries. Strong quieting, grounding (yin) qi quality. Really a simple and great experience.
10) 1989 Zhang 7982. Menghai Factory. Sheng Pu-erh Brick. Smooth, light sweetness, nice developed deep texture. A little more refined feeling than from most bricks. Good for 7+ steepings
11) 1980s Baozhong Oolong. Taiwan. An exceptional aged oolong. Smooth, sweet, round in the mouth, very strong qi. Good for 8-9 consistent good steepings.
Drunken Heaven Pu-erh and Oolong Set. Teas 1978 to 1950s: This set contains teas between 30-50 years old. These older teas have matured and become quite potent. The really are another level beyond the 80s teas in flavor, texture and the inner experience they give you. This set opens up another dimension of the aged puerh drinking. 8 Teas. (5g/ tea)
Price $165.00 TO ORDER FORM
1) 1970s Yin Hao Toucha, Semi-fermented -. Excellent, very aged, penetrating tea. Seems to go right to the core. Full, smooth and creamy. Very "old" taste, clean, dark and very smooth. A great experience. Good for 6-7 steepings.
2) 1960s Gao Li Gong Shan. (N.W. Yunnan) Mao Cha. Sheng Pu-erh. Strong fresh cut wood or "birch" fragrance. Clear, clean, vibrant and and long lasting. Wonderful spicey finsh. 8-9 steepings. Strong yang (energetic) qi, yet quieting deep inside.
3) 1970'S Guang Yun Beeng Cha, Sheng Pu-erh. Beautiful soft Chinese medicine-like fragrance. Very dark leaf, brew. These older teas have a very penetrating quality. Quieting (yin ) qi. Elegant and smooth with a subtle haunting fragrance. 7 steepings.
4) 1978 Menghai 7532 Beeng Cha. Mengahi factory. An amazing cake with incredibly strong chi. Drinking this tea is a transformative experience. Dark smooth with great depth. Good for 8-9 steepings. Sheng Pu-erh.
5) Early 70s Tong Xing Beeng. A fantastic older pu-erh. Very intoxicating qi, this tea makes you understand why these old teas are so highly valued. Beautiful and potent. Strong (yin) qi, quieting. Good for 7-8 steepings. Sheng Pu-erh.
6) 1950s Hong Tai Chang. A old cake with very dark leaves. This is not as potent as the two puerhs above but is really beautiful to drink. Rich, deep, haunting fragrance and taste, you know you are drinking something very old. The qi is soft and quiet. Good for 7 steepings. An affordable way to taste a very old tea. Sheng Pu-erh.
7) 1970s Chung Qing Oolong Toucha. A very rare oolong toucha from Sichuan Province. Deep Chinese Medicine-like fragrance, even with the dry leaves. It has a very smooth and mellow taste, but very strong qi. After a few little cups you will be quite tea drunk. Good for 6 steepings.
8) 1960s Baozhong Oolong. Very good aged Baozhong from Tawain. Smooth, sweet plum-like taste, very round on the palette. Good strong qi, but in a much softer (yin) way than the older puerhs. Relaxing and vibrant at the same time. Good for 6-7 steepings.
9) 1970s Loose Leaf Puerh. From North-west Yunnan area on the boarder of veitnam. Delicious, clean aged puerh. Mellow, relaxing qi, thicker mouth-feel and very long lasting, 10 steepings Very clean woody flavor.
TEN HIDDEN WOODS RIPE PUERH SET- These are 10 excellent aged ripe or force fermented puerhs. Each is rich, smooth and unique in character. This is a great set to explore shu puerh and the changes brought about by aging. More CompleteTasting Notes Coming Soon.
Price: $40.00 TO ORDER FORM
1) 2003 Fo Cha Ji Wu Liang Wild Arbor. Single Estate Beeng Cha -Beautiful dark chocolate-like taste and texture, very rich and smooth.
2) 2003- 6 Famous Tea Mountains Zhuan Cha. A great ripe puerh. Clear woody tones, active on the pallette, stong qi.
3) Menghai 2000 Yue Cheng Yue Xiang Beeng. Gong Ting Grade- very rich and smooth, deep flavors.
4) 1999 CCNP Ancient Tree Beeng Cha. Clean flavors, deep woodsy aroma, first rate shu.
5) 2002 Menghai Mao Cha. Small leaf, smooth, creamy with light camphor tones.
6) Mid 90s Menghai 7572 Beeng- Great shu puerh, clean woody flvaors, darka nd rich, deeply relaxing to drink.
7) Early 90s Kunming Zhuan Cha- a superb clean lighter puerh.
8) Early 90s Hong Tai Chang Beeng. Dai District Beeng Cha. A very smooth refined puerh with light camphor flavor.
9) 1993 Xiang XIng Menghai Factory, Mao Cha. Strong Camphor flavor and aroma, deep, very dark, rich, good for 8 steepings.
10) 1985 White Needle Golden Lotus, Menghai Factory, Mao Cha. Fantastic ripe puerh with beautiful woody and camphor tones, lightly spicey on the tounge. As good as I have had.
NEW, LOOSE LEAF SET: Forest Fragrance Set: This set is made up of 9 different loose leaf puerhs, both sheng and shu. Loose leaf puerh tend to age quicker because of the increased surface area. There are some excellent teas in this group and many have quite strong qi.
Price: 95.00 TO ORDER FORM
1) 1960s Gao Li Gong Shan. (N.W. Yunnan) Mao Cha. Sheng Pu-erh. Strong fresh cut wood or "birch" fragrance. Clear, clean, vibrant and and long lasting. Wonderful spicey finsh. 8-9 steepings. Strong yang (energetic) qi, yet quieting deep inside. Sheng puerh.
2) 1970s Loose Leaf Puerh. From North-west Yunnan area on the boarder of veitnam. Delicious, clean aged puerh. Mellow, relaxing qi, thicker mouth-feel and very long lasting, 10 steepings Very clean woody flavor. Excellent puerh with a huanting complex fragrance. Sheng puerh.
3) 1985 White Needle Golden Lotus. Menghai factory. A fantastic ripe puerh: creamy, refined, silky texture. Incredible fragrance. Quieting (yin ) qi. This is what aged shou puerh is all about. Good tea before meditation. Shu puerh.
4) 1993 Wild Leaf. Superb rich brew with many subtle flavors. Very strong, quieting and grounding. Good for 8-9 steepings.Sheng puerh.
5) 1993 Yi Wu Mao Cha. Sun Dried, Grade 1 Leaf. Sun Dried, Grade 1 Leaf. Sheng Pu-erh. Beautiful deep plum, sweet smooth round flavors, good for 8+ steepings. Nice mellow dried fruit and old wood fragrance. A very soothing and quieting (yin ) qi. Texture like red wine. Quieting (yin) qi. Sheng puerh.
6) 1993 Xiang Xing. Mao Cha, Menghai Factory. Fragrent, earthy, froest floor tones, clean, vibrant. This shou puerh is smooth, deep and leaves a long lasting taste on the palette. Very good vibrant (yang qi) ripe puerh, like drinking the forest. Good for 7-8 steepings. Shu puerh.
7) 1998 Wild Leaf. Superb, strong and smooth. This tea is both very grounding and expansive. Excellent rich forest flavors and woody aromas. Good for 8-9 steepings. Sheng puerh.
8) 1998 Wild Leaf. This cooked puerh is made form grade 1-2 leaves and is smooth, rich and silky. Good for 5-6 steepings.
9) 2006 Emporers Grade Puerh. Beuatiful buds, refined clean brew and unique aroma. This puerh is very refined and smooth. 5 steepings. Shu puerh.
Link: Go To Other Tasting Sets
man tea nature heaven
Heavens Tea: aged pu-erh, aged oolong, tea tastings, sencha, wuyi oolong, young pu-erh, aged tea, Chinese teas, rare tea sample sets, pu-erh sample sets, tea consulting, tea education.
Returns: All tea is authentic and as described. I buy only from highly reputable dearlers. No returns are accepted becasue of the nature of the product. I am happy to talk about any aspect of the tea sets and can also give further brewing suggestions if you are having problems.
copyright 2007, www.heavenstea.com portland, oregon